21 Jan

Kibri´s Factory Upgrade for Wargaming by Eduard Ferrer

Eduard Ferrer Belda

Hello, my friend and colleague Ignacio from WarStuft asked me for a series of model kits reviews because of my long service on the model building career and the love to them!!!.

I feel for miniatures. I kindly accepted his offer and from now on Ill be publishing some reviews, worklogs and tutorials always from a personal and amateur point of view.

I´m  42 years old, from Spain, and with two beautiful daughters just growing up.

Time is scarce, English language a personal proposal, and being a bit inquisitive a way of life.

Take that into account when reading my articles, and above of all, thank you in advance for spending your time reading what I have to say.

I write for the community since I like to read from it.

Any comments are more than welcome!!!.

Prologue

Being born in a handycraft family in which my father is an H0 ferroviary guy and my mother a clay artisan, it is easy for me to have available some stuff.

This time I took an H0 factory model kit to become a FoW or 1/100 scale building for playing with 15 mm miniatures.

WarStuft

Kibri Factory Ref 9784

Not all H0 (1/87) are suitable for 1/100 wargamming because difference in scale.

Kit Unboxed

However some industrial, farming or public buildings have an ecleptic architecture that allow the being interpretated in another scale.

This kit is the case.
It fully represents a 19th or 20th european industrial factory, perfect for a WWII tabletop match.

 

The worklog

The kit assembly was pretty much straigthforward.

The only dedicated work was to open the main entrance doors and to avoid needing to glue the roof to the main building.

Sanding was really only necessary between the two parts of the chimney which were a bit misaligned the cylinders.

Clear plastic parts representing the windows were left for the end of the painting step.

Pipes collecting the rain water were also put at the end of everything and were glued only at the main building because otherwise the roof will not open.

I’m very satisfied with the kit itself and the end result. It was easy to paint thanks to the extraordinary level of detail it has.
Unfortunately I did not take step by step pictures but anyway I’ve written this worklog for you with what I have.
Hope you will enjoy it!.

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

 

WarStuft

 

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

WarStuft

From WarStuft we thank Eduard for the magnificent work done as well as the effort that has been made in the realization of the photographs and the worklog.

Great job mate!!!

 

 

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: